My published writing includes:
• devotional and theological books for all ages • children’s picture book writing, illustration and design • academic journal articles and book reviews (Christian Education Journal, Healing Ministries Journal, The Covenant Companion, The Covenant Home Altar) • I also work on commission.
“SUPPER WITH THE SAVIOR: COMMUNION IN THE BIBLE AND TODAY”
My inter-denominational book on Communion for all ages includes:
• 21 Bible studies for youth and adults, with meditative spiritual practices
• 21 First and New Testament Bible stories related to Communion, illustrated with line drawings suitable for coloring
• 21 sets of Questions and Prayers for Small Group and Family Discussion
• Prayer Journal
• First Communion Certificate
This resource is designed for use by individuals, families, churches and Christian schools and home schools. PARTICIPANT GUIDE (shown above) is available on Amazon books:
or from publisher: http://www.regentpublishing.com
I am honored to work with Regent Publishing in Canada, the home of notable authors such as J. I. Packer, Gordon Fee and Eugene Peterson!
Please go to my contact page for signed copies of PARTICIPANT GUIDE (shown above), or for LEADER’S GUIDE, which is NOW AVAILABLE!
Review by Pastor Becky Poor, Seranac Community Church, MI: “Barbara’s book has a wealth of Scripturally based information that is both deeply engaging and accessible to people of all ages.”
Review by College Professor Mimi G.: “I received this book as a gift and highly recommend it as a multi-age resource and activity book for learning about the Lord’s Supper. It’s beautifully illustrated…and chock full of lessons and insights about Communion and its origins in the Old Testament, New Testament, and today.”
Interior page of “The Last Supper | The First Communion,” suitable for coloring
COMMUNION has been at the heart of Christian worship for nearly 2,000 years.
Please contact me to schedule a COMMUNION WORKSHOP or RETREAT for your church.
I am an ordained Pastor, and my material has been used at Christian Reformed, Covenant, Vineyard, Episcopal, Methodist and Lutheran churches and schools in the United States and Canada.
Oliver and the Owl illustrated and designed by Barbara Sartorius Bjelland
written by Steve Weiland
Here is an interior page of an early chapter book that I was commissioned to illustrate and design. Please go to my contact page to request signed copies.
Summary: A magic owl helps Oliver’s faith and friendships during his grandfather’s illness.
I used family members as models, as you can see from the photo below! Note how I used my “artist license” to flip the figures and modify the background.